5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Happy New Year!! 2017 is fast approaching and it soon will be a new year, filled with new hope, possibilities and promises. Soon the majority of the world will be making New Year’s resolutions and challenges to accomplish in 2017. Resolutions can be wonderful- they allow you to recharge, regroup and start fresh. This year as you’re making your resolutions, we suggest adding Mental Health to your New Year and New You motto! It’s always important to keep your Mental Health in mind and now is a perfect time to start!
NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) suggests 5 great ways that we can better our Mental Health:1. Stand Up to Stigma –
talk more about mental health and encourage others to do the same. Be open with people about your mental illness, embrace questions, inspire conversation and share the truth about mental health!
2. Take Care of Your Physical Health Too
– physical and mental health go hand in hand! Make 2017 a year about incorporating both into your daily routine. Your mind and body will feel better!
3. Share Your Story
– open up to others about your personal story and encourage others to share theirs as well. Talking to one another is very powerful and can help the topic of Mental Health to be less forbidden.4. Make a Commitment to Stay Informed
– read, read and read some more about Mental Health! Seek out news articles, research the latest information, visit your library and talk with your health care provider. The more we know the better we can help one another.5. Do Something That You Love Every Day
– it is so important to do something for YOU every day! Pick an activity that makes your happy, relaxed and aim to do it for 30 minutes each day.
What a wonderful time of the year to start NEW! Cheers to a wonderful and happy 2017!
- See more at: https://www.nami.org/Blogs/NAMI-Blog/December-2015/5-New-Years-Resolutions-That-Will-Benefit-Your-Men#sthash.pXfbhj6j.dpu